Comitti of London solid cherry Regency style aneroid barometer with burr walnut veneer and ebonised edgeline. Details Include:
- Temperature compensated precision aneroid movement
- Silver finish 8" diameter dial calibrated in inches and millibars
- Spirit thermometer with Centigrade & Fahrenheit scale
- Humidity indicator, convex mirror and level
- Hand polished inlaid burr walnut case
- Bevelled glass and lacquered brass furniture
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Width 25.5 cm
- Height 96.5 cm
Comitti remains the oldest traditional barometer maker in the world with a heritage that goes back to Evangelista Torricelli who made the first mercury barometer in the 17th century.
The first instruments made were of the stick type but the "banjo" shape became popular with the invention of the wheel barometer by Robert Hooke in 1665.
Many of the instruments made in Comitti's London workshops have become established as English classics and today are sought after as valuable antiques.
2 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.