Comitti Royal Greenwich Regulator Wall Clock - A special limited edition version was made by Comitti in 2012 to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee. The original timepiece now resides in Buckingham Palace.
This stunning wall clock is hand made by Comitti of London and features a high quality month running mechanism in a fabulous Makasar wood case.
Comitti’s Greenwich Regulator clock is a superb example of a high quality English Regulator clocks which features the famous John Arnold’s maintaining power system and for increased accuracy is further complimeted by a temperature-compensated pendulum based upon an elegant design attributed to John Ellicott in 1752. A unique system of epicyclic gears allows the clock to be wound every 30 days. While 18 ball race bearings mimimize wear while maximizing accuracy.
The skeletonised, hand polished, solid brass movement is available plated in either a 24-carat gold or rhodium finish and regulated by a Graham dead beat escapement fitted with tungsten carbide pallets in the Vulliamy style. Blued screws are used throughout with blued steel hands sweeping the pure silver-plated and engraved solid brass dial to clearly and elegantly mark the passage of time.
The superb detail of the Greenwich movement is displayed in a choice of traditional hand polished cabinets decorated with exotic veneers or contemporary designs that combine high gloss lacquers and modern materials such as carbon overlays. Secret compartments house the crank key and timing weights. Glass panels are mounted to the front and sides to allow full visibility of the precision mechanism. A beautiful example of the art of the British clockmaker. The clock shown here has a Makasar case with a rhodium plated mechanism. Further specifications are below:
- Precision rhodium plated movement with dead beat escapement and seconds indication.
- Tungsten carbide escapement pallets to minimise wear.
- Epcyclic gearing incorporating maintaining power to allow winding without loss of power once every 30 days.
- Elegant temperature compensated precision pendulum.
- High count linear gear train including 18 ball races to reduce friction.
- Contemporary Palladian style case with Makassar veneers, door locks and black lacquer detail.
- Secret compartment for the winding handle and weights for fine timing adjustment.
- Silver plated dials with Roman numerals and fine blued hands to indicate the time.
- Serial numbered limited production movement.
- Certificate of Authenticity.
- Bespoke finish combinations available on request.
Height: 56" (143cm)
Width: 15" (38cm)
Depth: 8.75" (22cm)
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.