The Comitti of London break arch Georgian period mantel clock with triple chime movement, circa 1780. Black lacquered piano finish cabinet hand painted with gold leaf and exquisite Chinoiserie motifs. Details include:
- Polished triple chime 8 day movement with 9 jewel platform escapement and chime silencer
- Automatic night silencer (10.00 PM to 7.15 AM) and chime sequence correction
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on rods
- Solid brass dial with cherub spandrels, silver finish chapter ring and fine milled hands
- Bevelled glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture
- Available in black, red, green and blue lacquer Chinoiserie finishes
- Each artwork is unique and signed by the artist
- Certificate of Authenticity
Comitti Chinoiserie clock cabinets are produced from solid cherry and then lacquered in either black, green, red or blue. Five layers are applied with light sanding between the coats. The surface is then pulled over and burnished to achieve a ‘piano’ finish. Each artwork has a unique combination of ancient oriental motifs such as dragons, pagodas, birds and Mandarins, used by the artist to depict traditional oriental scenes with courtiers at play in mythical lands. The detail is marked out and then gesso applied and shaped by hand to create the three dimensional relief. These areas are then sized, gold leaf is applied and then the artwork created on the gold leaf using colours from the artist pallet. Gold powders are used to create the shading and ground work, and gold paint for the line-work. Finally the artwork is sealed using gold size and polished by hand. Inspired by the Orient but with a very British heritage.
- Width 21cm
- Height 33cm
- Depth 16cm
Exclusive Glenbryde 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.