The stunning Comitti ‘Navigator’ Clock is based closely on the world’s first reliable marine chronometer which was created by the world famous clock maker John Harrison (1693-1776). Harrison's famous 'grasshopper' escapement invention enabled mariners, for the first time, to calculate longitude and therefore to chart their position on the map more accurately.
For this special limited edition, Comitti of London has worked with fine artist David Galbraith, featuring four truly historic British ships. The panels show Admiral Horatio Nelson flagship HMS Victory at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, Lieutenant James Cook ship HMS Endeavour on a voyage of discovery to Australia and New Zealand in 1770, HMS Beagle commanded by Captain Fitzroy undertaking hydrographic surveys and accompanied by Charles Darwin the famous naturalist between 1826 to 1843 and the Cutty Sark the record-breaking tea clipper launched in 1869
A limited edition of 100 pieces worldwide. Each piece is numbered and signed by the artist.
The Comitti Navigator mechanism is hand made from solid brass and is plated in 24 carat gold . The silvered dial has Roman and Arabic numerals and is complimented by elegant Breguet hands. There is even a delightful seconds dial and hand which is situated above the face. The mechanism sits on a walnut base with burl walnut veneer and an integrated key drawer and is protected by a gleaming crystal glass canopy. Every Navigator is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ which retells the amazing story of John Harrison's battle to create his amazing clock.
- Stunning hand made 8 day 24 carat gold plated fusee movement with maintaining power to improve accuracy
- Piano gloss black lacquered base with push release key drawer
- Crystal glass mitred canopy with gold plated trim to protect the movement
- Silver plated chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
- Limited edition of 100 pieces worldwide, each pieces is numbered and supplied with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Dava Sobel's book 'Longitude' is included with each timepiece
- Packed in a superb mahogany finish presentation travel case
Height: 21" (53cm)
Width: 13.5" (34cm)
Depth: 10" (25cm)
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.