The stunning Comitti ‘Navigator’ Clock is based closely on the world’s first reliable marine chronometer which was created by the world famous clock maker John Harrison (1693-1776). Harrison's famous 'grasshopper' escapement invention enabled mariners, for the first time, to calculate longitude and therefore to chart their position on the map more accurately.
This new version of the Comitti Navigator is hand made from solid brass and is plated in rose gold. The silvered dial has Roman and Arabic numerals and is complimented by elegant Breguet hands. There is even a delightful seconds dial and hand which is situated above the face. The mechanism sits on a polished burr walnut base with an integrated key drawer and is protected by a gleaming crystal glass canopy. Every Navigator clock is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ which retells the amazing story of John Harrison's battle to create his amazing clock.
- Superb sold brass rose gold plated movement.
- Fusee mechanism and maintaining power to improve accuracy.
- Eight day power reserve.
- Silver plated chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds.
- Polished burr walnut base with key drawer.
- Crystal glass mitred canopy to protect the movement.
- Dava Sobel's book 'Longitude' is included with each timepiece.
- The Navigator is protected by a superb mahogany finish presentation travel case.
Height: 19" (48cm)
Width: 12.75" (32cm)
Depth: 9.25" (23cm)
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.