New version for 2022 - The Stunning Comitti ‘Navigator’ Clock is based closely on the world’s first reliable marine chronometer which was created by the world famous clock maker John Harrison (1693-1776). Harrison's famous 'grasshopper' escapement invention enabled mariners, for the first time, to calculate longitude and therefore to chart their position on the map more accurately.
The Comitti Navigator is hand made from solid brass and is plated in 24 carat gold . The silvered dial has Roman and Arabic numerals and is complimented by elegant Breguet hands. There is even a delightful seconds dial and hand which is situated above the face. The mechanism sits on a high gloss curl mahogany base with an integrated key drawer and is protected by a gleaming crystal glass canopy. Every Navigator is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ which retells the amazing story of John Harrison's battle to create his amazing clock.
- Stunning hand made 8 day 24 carat gold plated fusee movement
- High gloss curl mahogany base and integrated key drawer
- Crystal glass mitred canopy with gold plated trim to protect the movement
- Silver plated chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
- Each clock is numbered and supplied with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Packed in a superb mahogany finish presentation travel case
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.