The Stunning Comitti ‘Navigator’ Clock is based closely on the world’s first reliable marine chronometer which was created by the world famous clock maker John Harrison (1693-1776). Harrison's famous 'grasshopper' escapement invention enabled mariners, for the first time, to calculate longitude and therefore to chart their position on the map more accurately.
The Comitti Navigator fusee mechanism is hand made from solid brass and is plated in black chrome. The black enamel finish dial has Roman and Arabic numerals and is complimented by elegant Breguet hands. There is even a delightful seconds dial and hand which is situated above the face. The mechanism sits on a carbon fibre base with an integrated key drawer and is protected by a gleaming crystal glass canopy. Every Navigator clock is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ which retells the amazing story of John Harrison's battle to create his amazing clock.
- Stunning hand made 8 day black chrome plated fusee movement
- Carbon fibre base with key drawer and lacquered high gloss piano finish
- Crystal glass mitred canopy to protect the movement
- Black Enamel finish chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine silvered Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
- Serial numbered limited production movement
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Packed in a superb mahogany finish presentation travel case
Height: 19" (48cm)
Width: 12.75" (32cm)
Depth: 9.25" (23cm)
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.