New for 2022 - The Stunning Comitti ‘Navigator’ Clock is based closely on the world’s first reliable marine chronometer which was created by the world famous clock maker John Harrison (1693-1776). Harrisons famous 'grasshopper' escapement invention enabled mariners, for the first time, to calculate longitude and therefore to chart their position on the map more accurately.
The Comitti Navigator is hand made from solid brass and is plated in rhodium. The silvered dial has Roman and Arabic numerals and is complimented by elegant Breguet hands. There is even a delightful seconds dial and hand which is situated above the face. The mechanism sits on a high gloss burr walnut base with an integrated key drawer and is protected by a gleaming crystal glass canopy. Every Navigator clock is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ which retells the amazing story of John Harrisons battle to create his amazing clock.
- Stunning hand made 8 day rhodium plated fusee movement with maintaining power to improve accuracy.
- High gloss burr walnut base with an integrated key drawer
- Crystal glass mitred canopy to protect the movement
- Enamel finish chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine silvered Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
- Each clock is numbered and supplied with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Packed in superb mahogany finish presentation travel case
Made in the UK.
Exclusive 3 Year Warranty & Free Delivery.